Saturday 13 September 2008

It's not true that actresses don't make good wives - Foluke Daramola

Foluke Daramola speaks to the Tribune on life as a married woman and an actress. Excerpts:

How have you been handling your home since you got married?
All honour, appreciation and glory to God Almighty, He has been the source of every success in my home and endeavours.

Reports have it that actresses never make good wives but you appear to be an exception. What is the secret?
It’s not true that actresses never make good wives, there are many other professional ladies who don’t make good wives, but in our own case, people want to know everything about us because we are at the limelight. I know of nurses, teachers, traders, bankers etc who are not good wives,but nobody wants to know anything concerning them because they are not celebrities.

There are many of us that are married and still live in our matrimonial houses, so it’s not true that we don't make good wives.

Do your colleagues come to you for matrimonial advice?
I’m too young in the business, just three years,what experience would I have to give to anybody when there are many elderly ones out there? My husband always say that nobody can boast of his/her intelligence in a marriage until they are at least ten years in marriage. As I’m just three years old in the institution, I can't really give anyone any marital advice.

You have a film in the market, what is it about?
Olorun, Kini Mose has been in the market, but Ota Bi Ore has not,samething with Abere Olokun that is coming out soon. I believe the reason why we produced it is if for everybody to patronise it. I want them to buy it and pass their comments on it.

Did your husband have any hand in it?
He has been my support since we married. I do whatever he says because he is a reasonable person.

How else does he support you in your profession?
When I wanted to get married, I was looking for a man that would love me with my profession and,thank God, I found that in him. He gives moral, financial and spiritual support.

Has Olorun, Kini Mose been a commercial success to your expectation?
Yes.Fans are buying it,the marketer is making a profit.

As a wife, a mother and career woman, how do you juggle your responsibilities without one suffering or the other?
When you have an husband like mine, everything goes easily. As a wife and a mother, I have no problem. I understand my husband, he understands me too.

When on the location for movie shoots, who takes care of your husband and your kids?
My kids are always with me on the locations, as they are here with me now. For my husband, I have prepared delicious soup for him before I left home for this job, he only microwaves it and eats till I get back home. It's all about planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do not use this forum as a channel to promote hatred, tribalism or any other kind of personal grievances.
The administration can delete or edit a post that violates these guidelines. Keep the posts relevant to the topic in an attempt to keep the forum organised and maintain the focus on each topic. Thanks. The administration.